Do you find yourself smiling with a closed mouth, or maybe covering your mouth when you laugh because you’re not happy with your teeth? Maybe you’ve considered braces, but the idea of those wires and brackets give you flashbacks to middle school. If this sounds like you, Dental Care of Boca Raton has the perfect solution: Invisalign!
What Is Invisalign?
Instead of a mouthful of silver hardware, Invisalign uses clear plastic aligner trays to straighten your smile. The plastic used is perfectly safe and, as its name suggests, practically invisible.
What Are the Perks?
Aside from the obvious esthetic benefits, there are many perks to using Invisalign:
- They are removable – While you must commit to wearing them for most of the day, you can remove your aligner trays to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- You can eat what you want – Since you won’t be wearing your aligner trays while you eat, you can enjoy foods that wearers of traditional braces cannot. Corn on the cob? No problem. Caramel apple at the county fair? By all means.
- The results are visible – Because wires, brackets, and bands don’t conceal the view, you can see your results more readily than you would with regular braces.
- They are convenient – Not just because they are removable, but because they require fewer visits to our office. This is a huge selling point for busy adults.
What Can I Expect From Treatment?
Once your dentist has determined that you’re a candidate for Invisalign, you can expect the following:
- Your first consultation will require impressions. These will be used to create your customized aligner trays.
- When your aligner trays arrive, your dentist will explain how and when to wear them and give directions on how to keep them clean. You will be given several trays, as you will change sets every week or so.
- Your dentist will need to see you around every six weeks in order to make sure your teeth are responding to treatment.
- When you have achieved the smile of your dreams, a customized retainer will be made so you can keep those beautiful teeth straight.
The good news is that Dental Care of Boca Raton is offering a limited time special on Invisalign. Ready to learn more? Contact us today to schedule a consultation. You deserve to have a gorgeous smile!