You’ve had the same nightmare since you were a kid: You notice that one of your teeth — your adult teeth — is loose. You wiggle it ever so slightly when it falls out. The next thing you know, teeth are spilling out of your mouth into your hand, leaving you terrified and toothless. When you wake up, you instinctively check to see if your teeth are in your mouth where they belong. At Dental Care of Boca Raton, we go out of our way to save your teeth, but when an extraction is inevitable, we offer the perfect replacement solution: Dental Implants.
Dental Implants 101
Dental implants are tiny posts that are surgically implanted in your jaw. Once your jaw bone and gum tissue have healed, the post is used to attach a natural-looking and permanent replacement tooth. Because implants are placed individually, they are the perfect solution, whether you are missing a single tooth or a mouthful of teeth.
While dental prosthetics have come a long way in the past several decades, dentures and bridges simply can’t compare to implants. Just some of the benefits of implants include:
- Implants offer stability. The implanted posts function like natural tooth roots, which means your replacement teeth won’t budge.
- You’ll be able to eat what you want. Since implants are so stable, you can enjoy even hard-to-chew foods like raw fruits and vegetables and juicy steaks.
- Implants are easy to clean. As they are a permanent part of your smile, you’ll simply brush after every meal, floss daily, and visit the dentist as recommended. No special solutions or overnight soaking required.
- The stability and individual placement of implants allow you to speak unimpeded. Air passes through your prosthetic teeth just as it does your natural teeth, making it easy for others to understand those “S” and “F” sounds that are difficult to make with other tooth replacement options.
- Implants give you the gift of confidence. When you’re not worried about what you can eat, whether or not others can understand you, and what people think of your smile, you can enjoy life to the fullest. You can smile, laugh, eat, and speak knowing that your smile isn’t going anywhere.
Are You Ready?
If you’re ready to commit to implants, what are you waiting for? There’s no reason for you to settle for a less effective tooth replacement option when you can choose dental implants, instead. To schedule a consultation, contact Dental Care of Boca Raton today.