DO YOU HAVE A GENUINE SMILE?
Think about it. There are different smiles, such as smirky, toothy, flirtatious, or mischievous. And, let’s not forget the forced smile people have when they’re not happy about their teeth. How do you feel about your teeth? Have you ever untagged yourself from photos on Facebook because you don’t like your smile?
The best type of smile is a genuine smile. Smiling triggers a chemical reaction in your brain to make you feel happy and less stressed. When you’re happy about the appearance of your teeth, there’s no hesitation about sharing your smile. At Dental Care of Boca Raton, we help you get a genuine smile with porcelain veneers.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin porcelain shells shaped like a natural tooth. We bond them to the front surface of your teeth. Veneers are a great solution for small cosmetic problems with your teeth. The porcelain has a custom shading to give the veneers a natural appearance.
Porcelain Veneer Benefits
- Reduced Tooth Sensitivity — Veneers cover the front surfaces of your teeth, providing a barrier against the foods and drinks causing sensitivity.
- Changed Appearance — Veneers can widen your smile, complement the structure of your face, or make your smile more symmetrical.
- More Self-Confidence — When you’re happy about the appearance of your teeth, you smile more and your confidence increases.
- Conservative Treatment — A small amount of enamel is removed to prepare teeth for veneers. This makes the process minimally invasive.
- Durable and Stain-Resistant — Veneers are stain-resistant because porcelain is nonporous. They can last 10 to 15 years with proper care.
- Easy Maintenance — Take care of your veneers like your natural teeth. Brush your teeth twice daily and floss at least once daily. Schedule regular exams and cleanings.
Problems Fixed by Porcelain Veneers
- Worn Enamel. Teeth become worn down by using certain medications or grinding your teeth. If your teeth are worn from grinding, this needs to be addressed before you get veneers.
- Chipped or Irregularly Shaped Teeth. Veneers can cover chipped or irregularly shaped teeth, restoring the beauty of your smile.
- Gaps Between Teeth. Some people are born with abnormal spacing between their teeth that widens with age.
- Discolored or Stained Teeth. Sometimes teeth have discoloration or staining not responsive to professional teeth whitening.
- Slightly Crooked Teeth. Veneers can be an alternative to braces for slightly crooked teeth. You can appear to have straight teeth in a shorter time frame.
Porcelain veneers aren’t the solution for everyone. We need to examine your teeth and gums to see if veneers are the correct solution for you. During your consultation, we may take x-rays or impressions of your teeth to complete our evaluation. And, we’ll find out what results you want to achieve.
If you live in Boca Raton, Florida, or the surrounding areas, contact our office to schedule your consultation.