At Dental Care of Boca Raton, we are passionate about teeth. Our top-notch team is always prepared to discuss treatments, state-of-the-art equipment, and courses they’ve taken to continuously develop their skills. We also like to have a good time, so to provide a little bit of both, we give you dental trivia! It no fair looking up the answers!
1. Which painting by Grant Wood features his dentist in a prominent role?
- Whistler’s Mother
- American Gothic
- Christina’s World
2. Tooth decay is the second most common disease in America. What is the first?
3. President George Washington’s false teeth were made out of what material?
- Badger Bone
4. Which mammal takes the prize for the most teeth (252)?
- Great White Shark
- Spinner Dolphin
- Bengal Tiger
5. Which Revolutionary American was the first to use dental forensics when he identified
the body of a colonel at Bunker Hill by the bridge appliance he wore?
- Alexander Hamilton
- Paul Revere
- George Washington
- Benjamin Franklin
6. If someone calls you “long in the tooth,” what are they suggesting?
- That you’re old.
- That you’re too talkative.
- That you have gingivitis.
- That your teeth look like fangs.
7. What was tooth decay believed to be caused by before the European Age of
- Microscopic fairies
- Tooth worms
- Hard cider
8. How wide is the Statue of Liberty’s smile?
- Three feet
- Thirteen feet
- Three yards
- Thirteen yards
We could go on and on with more dental trivia, but we want to save at least some of these fun facts for when you visit our office. If you live in or near Boca Raton and would like to inquire about treatment (or share some of your own dental trivia with us), contact Dental Care of Boca Raton to schedule an appointment. We can’t wait to see your smile!