The holiday season is an exciting time of the year. What’s better than focusing on family, friends, fun, and food? Your social calendar is booked. You’re looking forward to spending time with family and friends. But you’re not looking forward to the photographs and selfies. Why? Because you’re embarrassed by your missing teeth. Don’t let missing teeth bring you down this holiday season. Dental implants can give you something to smile about.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are threaded titanium posts that are surgically placed in your jaw bone. An abutment connects to the implant and a crown connects to the abutment. The implant serves as an artificial tooth root.
Benefits of Implants
- Restored chewing function to improve your gastrointestinal health
- Indistinguishable from your natural teeth to the naked eye
- Prevents bone loss by stimulating your jaw bone to promote natural bone growth
- Adjacent teeth aren’t altered to place the implant
- Prevents the facial sagging that can occur when many teeth are missing
- Improves your oral health, which affects your general health
- Keeps your remaining teeth from shifting out of place
- Implants can last a lifetime with proper care
Taking Care of Your Implants
You take care of your dental implants by brushing and flossing at least twice a day. Treat them like your natural teeth. Schedule regular dental exams and cleanings.
Candidates for Dental Implants
Patients with good oral hygiene, adequate jaw bone, and healthy gum tissue are the best candidates for dental implant placement. If any of the following applies to you, further evaluation is advised:
- Heavy smokers (smoking can cause slower healing)
- Uncontrolled diabetes or immune deficiencies
- People who take immunosuppressant drugs
- Recipients of high-dosage radiation of the neck or head
Restore your missing teeth with implants and boost your self-confidence. Improve your oral and digestive health. Now that’s something to smile about. The best way to determine if you’re a candidate for dental implants is to visit the team at Dental Care of Boca Raton. If you live in Boca Raton, Florida, or the surrounding areas. Call us today to schedule your appointment.